Monday, February 27, 2006

Is this a sign?

So I haven't run a blessed step since I completed my first (only?) marathon exactly four months ago.

Then, out of nowhere, I receive a package from Nike. To thank me for my "outstanding fundraising accomplishments" in the Nike Women's Marathon last fall! These are not your average parting gifts either.

Contents:


  • one Imara Run watch



  • one Women's Large Duffel Bag



  • one pair of Shox lightweight socks



  • one shoe wallet



  • one hydration pack




When PC saw these gifts, he remarked, "too bad you've given up running."


I've had a few days to mull this over and now I'm thinking "maybe it's a sign."

1 comment:

PepGiraffe said...

This is a sign. This is a sign that the marathon people are really behind on their thank you gifts. It's also a sign (if you look at the shoe wallet) that with enough money, you can get anything made.