Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sometimes good enough is...good enough

I have to keep reminding myself that I just had a baby a few weeks ago.

It isn't that I actually forget, for course. Not with Peach reminding me that he needs to eat every couple of hours ;)

What I do forgot is that I can't get everything done in the amount of time allotted to me each day. And I still have never been good at saying "no" to requests. So of course I was the first parent to volunteer to bake 4 dozen cookies for the oneg tomorrow night. I was actually hoping to use my new favourite chocolate chip recipe that I found from my new blog-friend, Hilary. And yet as the week progressed, and the fatigue progressed, it became clear that baking from scratch was going to be too labour-intensive.

Thank God for Nestle Refrigerated Cookie Dough. It just doesn't get easier than this!!
Admitedly, they won't be as delicious as completely homemade. But they will be a marked improvement over store-bought. Not fabulous, but good enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI...if you ever find yourself with free time, you can make the dough and freeze it (wrap it well) then defrost it as you need it.

But I'm sure your Nestle cookie dough will work just fine. And the dough itself is yummy!

Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

Hilary,

The cookie dough did work out fine and yes, it is yummy.

How on earth, though, would I ever be able to fit the dough in the freezer. This recipe yields a gazillion cookies!! Plus, my freezer is currently overun with frozen breast milk ;)