Friday, December 24, 2004

That's a niggun...

We were sitting in the car this morning, listening to a CD, when Beernut exclaimed, "that's a niggun!"

If the thought of taking my kid to the dentist filled me with SuperMommy accomplishment, let's just say that my cup overfloweth!

I can't really take too much credit, however. The environment certainly is teeming with Judaism. We are all-Judaism, all-the-time in our house. But that is only part of the equation. In Beernut's case, he just emerged into life with a deep connection to God and all that God has to offer. Sometimes his love of Judaism and God is so palpable that I wish I could bottle it and share it with my congregants. And so genuine...

"That's a niggun..." -- the whole world is waiting to sing a song of Shabbos....

Gut Shabbos!

No comments: