Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Eight crazy nights!!

This is an exhausting holiday! The kids are tired, PC is sick (as is Pepgiraffe), and I feel just plain nauseous as a result of the overabundance of fried foods.

Though Chanukah maintains a fairly low position on the hierarchy of Jewish holy days, we certainly make a point of celebrating with friends and family throughout this never-ending festival.

I love presents. I especially love getting presents from my family because they make a point of selecting things that are meaningful or fun or off my Amazon.com wishlist!! I actually love that we don't go overboard on the gifts. I know that I really appreciate what I've gotten precisely because I'm not on gift-overload. Unlike my dear children -- who have gotten so many wonderful things that they don't know what to play with first.

It's about the lights. And the food. And family. And friends. And it's about our ability to maintain our unique relationship with God in this world.





That's what these eight crazy nights are all about.

1 comment:

PepGiraffe said...

Hey, I was sick too.